Organic Lawn & Tree Care Services Pittsfield
Pittsfield, MI Organic Lawn and Tree Care Services
Certified Tree Arborist
Why hire a tree service company in Pittsfield, MI when you can have a certified arborist for the same price? Enhance tree color, leaf size, stimulate overall growth and increase flowering potential – we can cure and improve the quality of your sick trees. Let American Lawn and Tree Arborists give you a free landscape consultation, give us a call today!
Healthy trees and lawns are the center of beautiful landscapes and add value to your properties. Let American Lawn and Tree Arborists protect your valuable assets. Trouble free lawn and tree care in Pittsfield, MI is only a phone call away. Contact us today to setup a consultation for all of you lawn and tree care needs.
Weed Control, Lawn Maintenance, Organic Fertilization, Tree Service in Pittsfield, Michigan
We Cure Sick Trees!
One or more applications should be made to your lawn in early spring to prevent crabgrass and/or controllable annual weeds from invading the lawn throughout the season. Each feeding uses only professional, timed-release fertilizers that are formulated for the specific needs of your lawn at the time of application. We can be reached via our customer hotline at (800) 404-3033 or you can fill our our contact form. A Lawn Care Specialist can be dispatched to your home to take care of any problems you may be having in Pittsfield.
Lawn Care News from the Blog of Doc Pickhardt
Poison Ivy Season – Avoid the Rash
It is spring time and once again it is time for cleaning of yards, debris from winter and just general clean up around your property. Time for Poison Ivy again!
A few key facts about poison ivy to keep in mind:
- The rash is caused by oil, Urushiol
- Urushiol is present in ALL parts of the plant
- It only takes 1 billionth of a gram to cause a rash
- ¼ ounce of urushiol is enough to cause a rash for every person on earth (if all were allergic)
- Urushiol normally stays active between 1-5 years on any surface, including dead ivy plants. Rash depends on individual sensitivity
- Some people are not allergic to urushiol now, but may become so over time and with exposure
- Highly sensitive people can have a reaction within 10 minutes or less of exposure
- Urushiol can be spread on tools, trucks, clothing, paperwork, etc.
- Wash contaminated work clothes separately
- Clean tools that have come in contact with the plant
- It can grow as a groundcover, free standing bush or climbing vine
- Often grown on field edges, roadsides, fencerows, etc.
- Three shiny leaflets are attached to woody stem
- Size, shape and color of leaflets vary
- Climbing vine has “fuzzy” tendrils
- White-yellow flowers in the springtime
- White berries, fruit in the fall that may persist all winter long on ends of branches
- Poison ivy and stinging insects are hazards that should be addressed in your pre-clean-up hazard survey.
- Avoidance is the best method of protection
- Learn what it looks like and where it grows
- Wear long sleeves, gloves, etc.
- Use tools if you need to contact the plant on the ground but remember to clean that tool
If you do contact any part of the plant:
- Wash affected areas with large amounts of clear water, avoid soaps as they may spread the oil
- Use products like Tecnu to help remove the oil
- Use Zanfel for light to moderate reactions
- Seek medical attention for serious reactions
Organic and Standard Services Available!
WE CURE SICK TREES!
Request a Free Quote or Ask the Doc a Question!
What is an Arborist?
A specialist in the cultivation and care of trees and shrubs, including tree surgery, the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of tree diseases, and the control of pests.
“American Tree Arborists began injection treatment for Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) infestations beginning in the fall of 2003 at our educational institution. In addition, William “Doc” Pickhardt, owner of American Tree Arborists, recommended injecting our specimen American elm trees to prevent Dutch Elm Disease (DED). They have successfully treated other tree species on campus for diseases and loss of vigor as well. As a result of these treatments, our specimen trees have shown a marked recovery and renewed growth. We’ve had excellent success with American Tree Arborists and are pleased with their professional approach and recommendations.”
We Work The “Bugs” Out Of Your Life… organically!
We are “The Organic People” and will continue to lead the industry in organic lawn and tree care. All of our lawn and tree care services use Organic Fertilizers and Natural Pest Control Compounds. We proudly use products from EcoSMART Technologies which contain a patented blend of botanical oils that effectively targets a broad spectrum of pests… not people or pets.
American Lawn & Tree Arborists
1012 Elmsford Dr.
Troy, MI 48083
Or send us a note below. Thanks!